Care & Repair
How can I look after my shoes?
For specific shoe care advice please refer to the product page for each style, however below is some general advice:
-Always put away your shoes only once you have brushed them clean and store them using the included shoes trees.
– Always use a shoe horn when putting on your shoes. This will keep the backs strong and sturdy and prevent any changes to the shape and shoe durability.
– Try to wear your shoes in dry conditions on the first few occasions. The fine grit and dust picked up by dry leather soles assists water resistance.
– High quality leather shoes can require up to 24hrs to dry out from natural perspiration. Try to avoid excessive wetting. However, should this occur, always let the shoes dry out away from sources of direct heat. Newspaper can be used within the shoes to help draw out moisture and changed repeatedly if need be. The best thing to do is to put them on their side in a place with some air circulation but not next to a radiator.
– Before polishing your shoes always wipe them over with a dry cloth to get rid of surface dust and dirt.
– Your shoes will benefit from a regular application of quality wax polish. This helps to moisturise the leather, keeping it supple and helping to prevent cracking.
One of the best features of the Goodyear welted construction however is that the shoes are designed to be repairable. When they need repairing (preferably just before the soles wear through), Victor offers a full factory repair service.
Please email us on email@example.com for details of our repair service.